This recipe is so easy and can be made using Traditional pork, black pudding and thyme, garlic and herb, sundried tomato and basil or our Turkey Sausage. Ideal with some mash potato.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in an oven proof pan / casserole dish and cook the sausages for 4-5 mins until brown all over. Then set aside.
- Put the onion and carrot into the pan and fry for 3-4 mins stirring frequently.
- Next add the bacon lardons, the thyme and the garlic and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, the tomato puree, the beans, the apples and the stock. Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Place the lid on the pan and further cook in the preheated oven for 30 mins.
- Serve with some mash potato.
- 6-8 Jumbo sausages (Any of The Butchers Daughter Range)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eating apples
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 cloves garlic mashed/finely chopped
- A good sprig of thyme ( small handful of basil leaves or sage works well also)
- 110g bacon lardons
- 400g tinned beans (barlotti or pinto drained and rinsed)
- 350ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt and pepper (to taste)