Again this recipe works well with any of our sausage flavours– get your hands on the jumbo size (in comparison the handlinked butcher variety) as they will lend themselves nicely to perfectly roasted sausage bites at the end of the cook.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Place the sausages, the sweet potato, the carrots, the onion, the celery and the garlic into the roasting tin and give a mix around.
- Add the stock (or wine), the herbs and the honey and gently mix again to ensure all ingredients are dispersed evenly.
- Place in the preheated oven for 55 -60 mins stirring one or twice within that time.
- Place the oven dish in the middle of the table and serve from there!!
- 6-8 Jumbo Sausages
- 4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into sizeable chunks
- 4 onions, peeled and halved
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks (smaller than the sweet potato)
- 2 sticks of celery chopped
- 1 garlic bulb with the top chopped off
- 75ml of chicken or vegetable stock (feel free to use red wine here!!)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- A few sage leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1tbsp honey